Social Enterprising- ORTUS Business Development AgencyPosted on 23rd April 2012
Community & Voluntary Sector Organisation?
Is your organisation faced with funding cuts?
Are you struggling to keep staff in jobs and services in the community?
If so, you may be interested in the Social Franchising Programme, a free initiative that has been developed by Ortus and funded by Invest NI in order to help Community & Voluntary sector organisations partner with a profitable enterprise (franchise) that will provide an unrestricted source of income and ensure the future sustainability of the organisation.
Established Social Enterprise?
Do you have a good product or service that works in your community?
Would this model work elsewhere in Northern Ireland or further afield?
If so, the growth side of Social Franchising Programme is also free and aims to help successful Social Enterprises generate additional income through the replication of their enterprise across Northern Ireland and/or further afield.
With recent research by NatWest and the British Franchise Association finding that the UK franchise market is worth £12.4 billion, employs 521,000 people and that 90% of franchises in the UK were profitable in the last year despite adverse economic trading conditions, it’s no wonder the franchising model is favoured by banks, making finance much easier to access.
- Yellen warns on US financial conditions
- Nestle ends IAAF sponsorship deal
- Why have bank shares fallen?
- Asahi to buy Peroni and Grolsch
- Warning of 'indefinite low rates'
- Industrial output sees sharp fall
- Deutsche Bank shares recover losses
- Ikea recalls lamps over safety issues
- Hornby's shares tumble as sales fall
- Japan stocks tumble into bear market
- Tullow Oil slumps to £1bn loss
- FTSE 100 rises as banks recover
- Burger King expands menu with hot dogs
- Legal breakthrough for Google car
- VIDEO: Apprenticeships boost the workforce
- VIDEO: Feeding Hong Kong's poor and hungry
- VIDEO: Artificial intelligence buys stocks
- VIDEO: Entrepreneurship in village schools
- VIDEO: Is self-publishing hot right now?
- VIDEO: Hope for typhoon-hit rice farmers
Links created from an external source.
Survive and Thrive are not responsible for the content of these links.