Social Enterprising- ORTUS Business Development AgencyPosted on 23rd April 2012
Community & Voluntary Sector Organisation?
Is your organisation faced with funding cuts?
Are you struggling to keep staff in jobs and services in the community?
If so, you may be interested in the Social Franchising Programme, a free initiative that has been developed by Ortus and funded by Invest NI in order to help Community & Voluntary sector organisations partner with a profitable enterprise (franchise) that will provide an unrestricted source of income and ensure the future sustainability of the organisation.
Established Social Enterprise?
Do you have a good product or service that works in your community?
Would this model work elsewhere in Northern Ireland or further afield?
If so, the growth side of Social Franchising Programme is also free and aims to help successful Social Enterprises generate additional income through the replication of their enterprise across Northern Ireland and/or further afield.
With recent research by NatWest and the British Franchise Association finding that the UK franchise market is worth £12.4 billion, employs 521,000 people and that 90% of franchises in the UK were profitable in the last year despite adverse economic trading conditions, it’s no wonder the franchising model is favoured by banks, making finance much easier to access.
- Pace of welfare cuts 'to be slowed'
- 'Final deadline' for Greece debt plan
- IMF warns against early US rate rise
- Chinese shares continue to plunge
- Libor trader says managers knew
- Open courts demanded for EU-US trade
- Watchdogs tighten rules for banks
- Energy customers 'paying too much'
- Nigeria bailout for bankrupt states
- Oil and gas boosts UK industry
- Marks and Spencer recovery stalls
- Watchdog probe into RSA's Irish unit
- HSBC sacks staff over mock IS video
- YouTube gamer PewDiePie 'earns $7m'
- VIDEO: Volatile China stocks continue to fall
- VIDEO: Temasek looking for new investments
- VIDEO: What is the 'productivity puzzle'?
- VIDEO: The Dutch tulips from Virginia
- VIDEO: Food fight! America v Europe
- VIDEO: Taste of Asia: A $3m family recipe
Links created from an external source.
Survive and Thrive are not responsible for the content of these links.