Social Enterprising- ORTUS Business Development AgencyPosted on 23rd April 2012
Community & Voluntary Sector Organisation?
Is your organisation faced with funding cuts?
Are you struggling to keep staff in jobs and services in the community?
If so, you may be interested in the Social Franchising Programme, a free initiative that has been developed by Ortus and funded by Invest NI in order to help Community & Voluntary sector organisations partner with a profitable enterprise (franchise) that will provide an unrestricted source of income and ensure the future sustainability of the organisation.
Established Social Enterprise?
Do you have a good product or service that works in your community?
Would this model work elsewhere in Northern Ireland or further afield?
If so, the growth side of Social Franchising Programme is also free and aims to help successful Social Enterprises generate additional income through the replication of their enterprise across Northern Ireland and/or further afield.
With recent research by NatWest and the British Franchise Association finding that the UK franchise market is worth £12.4 billion, employs 521,000 people and that 90% of franchises in the UK were profitable in the last year despite adverse economic trading conditions, it’s no wonder the franchising model is favoured by banks, making finance much easier to access.
- US Fed to end stimulus in October
- UK jobless rate falls to 2008 low
- eBay attack puts its buyers at risk
- Dixons to save 800 Phones 4U jobs
- European car sales continue recovery
- Sony predicts increased losses
- US consumer prices fall in August
- Ebola can 'ruin W Africa economies'
- JD Sports sees 'record' trading
- Chief executives face pay overhaul
- Bank 'tops customer service ratings'
- Shares plunge after Russian arrest
- Eurozone inflation revised to 0.4%
- China 'injects $81bn' into top banks
- Profits dip at Zara owner Inditex
- London Market Report
- 'Thousands lie' on motor cover forms
- Bosses and cash vanish at shoe firm
- Six regions hit new house price peak
- Contactless payments arrive for Tube
Links created from an external source.
Survive and Thrive are not responsible for the content of these links.